Saturday, November 14, 2020
I know I anthropomorphize in the descriptions of my avian friends. I don't think it's a sin. It is the only way I can describe to my human friends what I am observing in my avian friends. I do try to adopt the view as a different species than human and do my best to have no judgments.
That said, I do have an attitude towards one jay who seems to feel it necessary to "alarm" squawk at me all the time. I have been scolding that one whenever they're around squawking at me. There has been benefits to my scolding them. That one is quieting down a bit. Especially when they find that I still give them peanuts.
Penelope continues to say thank you, as well as a couple of others. There's one who flies to the feeder, never touching down and takes a peanut out of the tuna can while hovering for just a fraction of a second and is gone in a heartbeat. So many different personalities and styles of motion.
And then there is Penelope, who has taken peanuts from my hand. She is the one who thanks me for the peanuts, while on the feeder. It is a strange relationship I have with her. She is the one tossing the smaller peanuts out of the feeder in favor of the larger peanuts. Those are the ones the crows are getting, and probably a squirrel or two.
The crows give in to the jays' demands, jays are tough birds. They give Barred Owls hell often. By feeding my jays the way I'm feeding them I am able to keep them away from our "other" feeding areas. We have some suet cages and a couple other seed feeders around for the variety of birds that come through our world here.
In the meantime my crow has put out the call and 3 other crows come down and swiftly take all the peanuts and are gone. It's one of the most fun games I've ever played and the crows and I are playing it against the jays.
Friday, November 13, 2020
Crows are such a persecuted lot. Humans routinely chase them and harm them for their forays into yards for scraps of food where ever they can find it.
It was a curious thing to see today when I fed the Stellar's Jays. I have this routine where I fill a small tuna can on the feeder with peanuts and place them in the other single peanut holders. I then walk to the front yard and look to see if my crows are watching. If they make themselves known, I put a handful of peanuts out for them. I do not want the Jays to get used to going to the front yard (or anywhere else for that matter) for food. If my crow sees me xe calls their friends and they quickly pick up the peanuts from the ground before the jays are done fighting in the back yard at the feeders. Well, the crows finished before the jays were done and one crow came back to the jay feeders and was trying to take a peanut from the ground where the jays 'purposefully' dropped the smaller peanuts in favor of the larger ones. As xe was approaching their stance was one of ducking, avoiding being attacked by the jays; this big bird, being scared by the likes of the Stellar's Jays.
Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Anonymous question from the web:
I have another question (I am not American so bear with me). What happens if Trump is re-elected but the senate flips blue?
The sad truth:
We still have a single party with two factions (red and blue) fighting to have their corporations win. The reality, those corporations are all run by the money of the big three, Industrial Military Complex, Industrial Prison Complex, and Industrial Medical Complex, all under the Industrial Energy Complex (carbon wars), operated by those who "own" the money, the banksters. The banksters decide everything by "lending rates".
They decide who lives and dies by how much money they will make by the hardship it has caused. Money is made with scarcity. Our entire "capitalist" system is designed to sell scarcity. The Industrial Medical Complex cannot help but win with any natural disaster of any kind. Money goes then to the carbon barons (think Dow Chemical, BASF, etc.) then up to the banks. The system is flawless, unless the rabble decides to make a ruckus about their enslavement…
Saturday, May 2, 2020
Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- Whatever path you take, you are on the Dragon Path.
- If you think you are not Dragon, think again.
- Dragon says: Breathe Deep!
- If Dragon likes being naked, Dragon will be born that way.
- Quarrel not with Dragon, for thou art crunchy and tasty with catsup, and will soon become Dragon.
- It is futile to take from Dragon that which Dragon does not give. (See #5)
- Only dancing Dragons should ever carry a sword or drive a car.
- Better a Dragon with a flaw than a warthog with lipstick.
- Dragon says, "Read to me for there is time to learn", and ignorance and loneliness are swept from two.
- Dragon conserves energy to win battlefields and love by its prudent use.
- Flinging Dragon Dung? Expect to eat some too.
- Dragon says: Think not of the power of the oppressor for that will overwhelm. Think of how you have given power and then weaken them.
- Dragon says: Place a dragon upon a pedestal and call them good, and you have thrown another into the pits of hell and called them evil. For, good and evil are but two sides of the same coin.
- Dragon says: It is better to step sideways and let the buffoon trip on itself with a little snag. that may have been left there. I don't remember, I don't recall.
- Dragon says: All life is on borrowed time. Some steal time from others. Some throw time away in petty anger. All are borrowing it from the universe and soon the universe will collect.
- Dragon says: That which a dragon fights most vehemently against is what dragon becomes.
- Dragon Says: Beliefs are best kept, quiet. After all, they are all lies
- Dragon Says: If one does not wish for something to be said, do not write it.